Tuesday, July 9, 2013

A (Very) Short List of Things I’ve Inherited from My Mother


A (Very) Short List of Things I’ve Inherited from My Mother
        

a cute and petite stature
an insatiable appetite for new foods and experiences
a razor-sharp, quick wit
an engagement ring
a brazen fearlessness towards "manly" house duties
an unrequited love for books
perfectionist tendencies
a soft spot for all things pickled
an embarrassingly low tolerance for alcohol
the ability to charm men
a well-worn public library card
a notoriously genuine laugh
a (sometimes) threateningly strong work ethic
an oversized panic button
intense detail orientation
the ability to measure the exact amount of water needed for cooking rice with my finger
big teeth
mad kitchen skills
a strong familial bond

No comments:

Post a Comment